Marucci MSBC98 CAT9 USSSA -8 Baseball Bat
Marucci CAT 9 -8 USSSA Baseball Bat
The drop 8 baseball bat category is the fastest growing bat category among the elite player. The Marucci CAT series has cemented itself as one of the best performing one piece alloy drop 8 in USSSA play. The long anticipated new Marucci CAT 9 has finally been released and the CAT 9 drop 8 certainly did not disappoint!
CAT 9 Upgrades
The Marucci CAT 9 has been overhauled using a new AZR alloy. The new AZR aluminum is formed during a three stage thermal treatment process. This new, three stage manufacturing method is important to point out because it allows the Marucci CAT 9 drop 8 to have a multi variable wall design which simply means the thickness of the barrel changes as you move across the sweet spot. The multi layer design impacts the performance of the bat because as the alloy gets thinner, the barrel flex on the Marucci CAT 9 increases.
Marucci didn’t just stop with the alloy upgrades. They launched the 2nd generation AV2 anti vibration knob. The knob acts as a finely tuned harmonic dampening system which greatly reduces the negative feedback when you don’t make contact exactly on the sweet spot of the CAT 9 drop 8. Swing and hit longer in the cage and practice, as this feature allows for less hand fatigue compared to bats that don’t have this feature.
The Marucci CAT 9 drop 8 is perfect for the competitive player that wants a little more weight when compared to the drop 10. The additional 2 ounces will help forcibly redirect the ball into the field. We recommend considering a drop 8 if the player has been swinging a 30’’ drop 10 or larger with great success. The extra two ounces of mass might be exactly what they need to take their game to the next level.
- A no questions asked full 12 Month Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Utilizing a three-stage thermal treatment process, the new AZR alloy offers a more responsive microstructure for better feel, more forgiveness and more performance while maintaining the same strength as its predecessor
- One piece alloy with a balanced swing weight.
- Drop 8 length to weight ratio
- USSSA 1.15 BPF certified
- Multi-variable wall design creates an expanded sweet spot and thinner barrel walls that are more forgiving after off-centered contact
- 2nd Generation AV2 Anti-Vibration knob features an upgraded, finely tuned harmonic dampening system for better feel and less negative vibrational feedback
- Ring-free barrel construction allows for more barrel flex and increases performance with no "dead" spots
- Micro-perforated soft-touch grip with extra tack improves feel and control
- 2 3/4" barrel
- Precision-balanced barrel results in a lower M.O.I. and balanced feel for better barrel control
- One-piece alloy construction provides a consistent and traditional swing
|Barrel Diameter||2 3/4|
|Bat Material||Alloy Bat|
|Bat Size Range||28in - 32in|